Monday, August 7, 2017

Just Be Yourself


Hi Everyone, I am posting for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts today. 
This started off with me just playing around with my paper dolls.The guys all look so serious, so I decided to give them a little bit of personality.  





Use the smallest crown from the Steampunk Shape Set.  I embossed this using Candy Orange and Sweet Valentine from Emerald Creek.  

Put on his fancy pants.  I tried just tracing and cutting them, but it wasn't quite working.  I ended up cutting his pants off and then gluing him back together so his jacket sat correctly.   
Paint your fragment.  I used Dina Wakley's Magenta hereThe other paints are Dina's in Lime and Lemon).  This one is from the Mixed Media Fragments 2 set.  In the final product you can see I also used pieces from the Mixed Media Fragments 1 set.  I used the same technique on all three tags.  I used a foam brush and dabbed on the color to get some texture in the paint. 


Use Distress Ink to create your tag.  I used the same four colors on all three tags. This is a mixture of Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, and Carved Pumpkin.   

Flick on paint in black, Dina Wakley's sterling, and penny.  Add Black Soot Distress Ink and Crayon on the edges.  

Flick your fragment with paint at the same time.  I also just tapped the brush in various spots. 
Glue your Fragment to your tag.  Use foam tape to adhere your paperdoll.  Add your sentiment and any other final touches.  



Super fun and really easy project.  
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.