Monday, January 2, 2017

Snarky Clipboards

Hi Everyone,
I have joined a new design team.  This is my first project for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  You must check out the blog for some crazy good inspiration.

I created some mini clipboards and they are super easy to make.

I started with my blank clipboard.  They come four to a package and you get the bases, the clips, and the clip cover.

I did a light messy layer of gesso on the base and clip cover.

Once my gesso was dry I started to layer on vintage papers.  I used a whole bunch of random bits.  I can't read dictation, but how perfect is this little bit for this project? I just ripped and layered until I covered the whole board.

I added some scraps of patterned paper, smudged on a bit of acrylic paint, and topped the whole thing off with a layer of collage medium.

Once the collage medium was dried I used Distress Crayons to grunge up the paper.

 The lovely lady was added and her quote.  I stuck these on with collage medium too.

While the collage medium dried I glued my clip to the clip cover.  I painted the clip cover, but decided that wasn't quite working.  Embossing powder was the answer to my problem.
A few scribbles were added around the lady and the quote.  Clipboard complete!


I made a second board using the same technique, but I added some stamps and washi tape to this one.

I hope you enjoyed my first project.  I can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve for my next post.
Jess

Gypsy Soul Products Used:
mini clipboards

Other Products Used:
Acrylic Paint
Archival Ink-Jet Black
Collage medium
Distress Crayons
Embossing Powder
Gesso
Strong Adhesive
Various patterned papers and vintage papers
Washi Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.