Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall is in the air

Hi Everyone,
Ahhh, triple digits are gone so it must be Fall in Arizona.  I live right near Phoenix, so no changing leaves for me.  I grew up in Massachusetts and I think that's why Fall is my favorite season.  I don't know why but Autumn always makes me reflect on what I have and what I am thankful for.  This little wreath reminds me that there is something to appreciate every day.



I want to apologize for not taking photos while I worked.  I am really bad about getting caught up in creating and forgetting to take pictures.

 I die cut my leaves, out of manila, and used different Distress Inks to make them colorful.  I just grabbed anything that looked like I could use it-reds, oranges, yellows, greens, and browns.  I used a lot of color and really saturated the paper.  Once the ink was dry I covered the leaves in Distress Rock Candy Crackle and set them aside.

The Rock Candy gives the leaves a gorgeous crackle and shine.  You can leave them just like they are after this step and they look amazing, but I wanted to add a bit more.  I used my embossing powders to make them pop! I love how they turned out.




Next I took a huge bunch of seam binding and died it using Distress Stains.  I kept a lot of the colors I used in my leaves on the ribbon.  I wrapped a word band on the ribbon and tied a big fussy bow.  Pinecone charms add an extra fall touch.  I cut the bales off and just glued them on the ribbon.  Embossing powder on the ribbon gives it extra sparkle too.


For the final embellishment I used a round cabochon charm and some fall berries.
Try making some leaves.  They are super fun and playing with the different inks and powders will produce a different effect each time.  
Jess


Fabulous Supplies available on Emerald Creek: 

Other supplies: 
Seam Binding
Wreath
Word Band
Word Token
Brad
Distress Rock Candy Crackle










6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jess, love your colour palette and the embossing powder and crackle on the leaves is wonderful, they look like they are covered in ice! Thanks for sharing it and I can send you some snow if you can send me a little of your heat :OD Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I am ok with not having snow. I moved to get away from it. I'll take some crunchy leaves though.

      Delete
  2. Awesome project Jess! Love love love your leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, this is one beautiful wreath! I love your colors, and those leaves are incredibly textures and look so realistic! Gorgeous project, and I'd be happy to hang this on my front door! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.