Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bibliophile take 2

Ok confession time.  I had this blog post ready to go for a long time.  I worked on this project forever and just had it stashed in my file for a far off future date.  Guess what? That date came and I totally forgot to move it forward so it posted.  Boo.  So now I am reposting it and entering it into the  CC#3 challenge 23.  I was so bummed it posted before this challenge came around.  I knew it would be since it is in the book.  If you don't have a copy of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities you need to order it ASAP.  And if you haven't been participating in Linda's challenge you need to jump on the bandwagon now.  It is so much fun.  There are fabulous prizes to be won from Tim and from The Inspiration Emporium.Without further ado here is my take on the folio.


I am a huge reader.  I have worked in a bookstore for almost 15 years.  When I bought this Tim Holtz folio I knew I had to make it all about books and reading.  This was a huge project.  It took me way longer than I thought it would.  I wanted to be sure each page was just right. 
Here come the photos!
This is the front cover.  A while back I bought a card catalog.  It is chock full of cards and I knew I had to use some on here.  
This is what happens when you remove the elastic band.  Books!



Pardon my hand.  I couldn't get the tab to stay open without it.  

That glasses sticker kills me! I would wear those glasses if I could find a pair.  

Tiny handmade books.


This image is from Graphic 45.  I painted it using watercolors. 

Another catalog card.  

The library card is a German flashcard.  


Here are some close ups of the flaps.  Both of the small top and bottom flaps have a card catalog paper as the background and a bookshelf as the foreground.  I cut out a few extra books and popped them up to add dimension.  



The back cover. 
I love how this tuned out.  

5 comments:

  1. Jess, your folio is wonderful! Love the theme and all the fabulous "book" theme paper, pockets and ephemera! Well done! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. Quite a project to be sure but one you will cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super project. Love how you used the illustrations as elements. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I love the book theme! And I want to take a tour with a bear in a balloon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious is this?!! LOVE all those cute ephemera pieces! Great and unique idea! Thanks so much for joining us in the folio challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.