Sunday, November 10, 2013

Here are a couple tags I made today using my newTim Holtz Distress Stains.
 I started using warm fall colors: Gathered Twigs, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, and Vintage Photo.  I smeared them on the craft sheet and misted them with water.  I ran the tag through several times and dried in between each layer.  Next, I used Tarnished Brass Distress Stain directly on a stamp and stamped on the background.  It added a nice subtle layer of shine.
I decided to cut some leaves with a really old Sizzix die.  Then I covered two with Distress Glitter.  The third I used Martha Stewart glitter for extra shine.
To complete the tag I stained crinkle ribbon using the same colors as the background.  I threw in a touch of Mowed Lawn too. I added a Muse Token and safety pin.  I used Remnant Rubs and an Ornate Plate for my sentiment on the bottom.  

I should have cropped this photo.  You can see the dirty craft sheet.  Whoops.

Okay, here's the next tag. 
Since it was almost 90 degrees here today I decided to ditch the warm colors and try something springy.
I love this background.  You can't tell from the photo but I used Perfect Pearls so it has a subtle shimmer.  

I tried to catch it in this close up, but I don't think the camera picked it up.  The word is from Melody Ross and the flower is Prima.  This tag is pretty basic, but I think it came out so pretty. 

Just want to give another shout out to Inspiration Emporium.  My stains arrived in no time and their customer service is amazing!  Check out the site for supplies and, of course, inspiration. 

I made a couple more tags, but I will save them to show you later this week.  
Hope you had time to create this weekend.
Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.